Sorba-Glas® Noise Control Wall Blankets
Tough, High Performance, and Flexible Wall Panels
Industrial Noise Control Sorba-Glas Wall Blankets combine excellent noise absorption characteristics and durability with an ASTM-E84 Class I Fire Rating. Our fiberglass blanket features an attractive abrasion resistant quilted facing that is impervious to dirt, grease, solvents and airborne contaminants.
Noise Control Wall Blanket Benefits:
Installing INC Sorba-Glas Wall Blankets in strategic locations will dramatically reduce noise levels without any interruption in production routines, housekeeping activities and work flow. Hanging Sorba-Glas Wall Blankets on walls, partitions or equipment enclosures immediately lowers overall noise levels and reduces echo, creating a safer and more productive workspace. Increased comfort and easier communication is a very welcome benefit in many noisy areas.
The excellent sound absorption properties of Sorba-Glas products make solving many reverberation problems with as little as 25-30% coverage of the reflective surfaces. INC Sorba-Glas Wall Blankets can be mounted anywhere on walls and ceilings and are easily field cut & trimmed to accommodate pipes, windows, and ductwork.
High performance and fire safety combined with ease of installation makes Sorba-Glas Wall
Blankets a very cost-effective solution for a wide range of noise problems.
Noise Control Wall Blanket Applications
Sorba-Glas Wall Blankets provide excellent reverberation control and sound reduction in spaces such
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Warehouse and Distribution Centers
- Water Treatment Plants
- School Gymnasiums
- Swimming pools
- Multi-Purpose Rooms
- Correctional Facilities
… anywhere with hard reflective surfaces and excessive noise
Sorba-Glas Wall Blanket Product Features
- Available in 1” and 2” thickness
- Abrasion resistant quilted facing available on one or both sides
- Standard blankets are 48” wide X up to 16’ long
- Blankets are factory sewn and bound on all edges
- Machine set brass grommets for easy installation and reliability
- 250° F maximum temperature range for standard product
- High mechanical strength
- Easily cut and trimmed in the field allowing modifications during installation
- Custom fabrication, special contours, sizes, hanging and fastening options are available
- ASTM E-84 Class I fire rating
Noise Control Wall Blanket Product Selection Tips
- Select “Faced One Side” when the material will be attached to a wall or other surface
- Select “Faced Both Sides” when the material will be free-hanging or otherwise exposed on both sides or for additional durability where product may be removed or handled periodically
- Select 1” thickness for most broad band noise problems
- Select the 2” thickness where noise levels are higher in the lower frequencies bands - below 500 Hz or when overall noise levels in general are extremely high
Noise Control Wall Blanket Available Options
- Facing Color: Standard is silver-gray. Available in white, black and tan (minimum orders apply).
- Hi-Temp Option: Silicone facing available for 500°F maximum temperature range.
Sorba-Glas Wall Blanket Acoustical Performance
|Sorba-Glas Style||Thickness||Absorption Data by Octave Band Frequency (Hz)||NRC|
Questions? Your INC Sales Engineer is ready to provide answers, planning help, application tips — whatever you need! Call us at 1-800-954-1998, send Email, or fill out a Request For Quotation — whatever is easiest for you.
Contact Us about Noise Control Wall Blankets