Panl-Flow™ HVAC and Industrial Silencers
Standard Duct Sizes ● High Insertion Loss ● Low Pressure Drop ● Low Break-Out Noise
Panl-Flow™ silencers (sound attenuators) are used to reduce airborne noise through commercial HVAC ductwork systems, building openings, sound enclosures, ventilating fans and plenum equipment. Panl-Flow™ silencers are an excellent choice for applications requiring maximum insertion loss (noise reduction), low static pressure drop, low maintenance, and quick delivery. Use a Panl-Flow™ silencer wherever you need to reduce airborne noise while allowing air movement such as:
- Air flow in and out of a noisy area or building
- Fan and blower intake or discharge
- Air Handling Plenums
- Equipment Enclosures
Typical Silencer Applications
- HVAC Ductwork
- Material Handling & Conveying Equipment
- Engine Intakes & Discharge
- Air Handlers
- Cooling Towers
- Building Vent Walls
- Sound Enclosures
- Genset Housings
- Compressor Enclosures
- Electric Motor Enclosures
- Engine Test Cells
- Dynamometer Test Cells
Silencer Design & Construction
INC Panl-Flow™ silencers are of a dissipative design, manufactured in square and rectangular sizes to match common ductwork and equipment dimensions. The length of the silencer combined with the volume and velocity of the air moving through it determines the insertion loss or sound attenuation characteristics of the unit. Our silencers are constructed of an exterior sealed shell with sound absorbing baffles or “bullets” running lengthwise through the silencer. Panl-Flow™ construction features:
- Rigid assembly with all exterior joints and seams lock-formed to be air and water-tight.
- Standard 26 gauge solid exterior with 22 gauge interior perforated interior bullets designed and sized for maximum performance.
- Heavy gauge exterior casings available for low “break-out” noise.
- Solid rounded aerodynamic bullet ends for minimum pressure drop and smooth air flow.
- Absorptive fill is inert, and meets ASTM E-84 Class A fire rating.
- Custom designs available for a wide range of CFM, pressure drop and insertion loss requirements.
- Standard materials include G90 galvanized, electro-galvanized, aluminum and stainless steel.
Accessories & Options
- Silencers can stacked in banks to achieve large openings.
- All silencers can be fitted with mounting flanges, bird screens and weather caps.
- Compatible elbows and duct transitions available