Panl-Flow® HVAC Silencers & Duct Silencers
Standard Duct Sizes • High Insertion Loss • Low Pressure Drop • Low Break-Out Noise
Industrial Noise Control Panl-Flow HVAC silencers are used to attenuate airborne noise through commercial
HVAC ductwork systems, building openings, sound enclosures, ventilating fans, and plenum
HVAC Silencer Benefits:
Panl-Flow HVAC silencers are an excellent choice for applications requiring maximum insertion loss (noise reduction), low static pressure drop, low maintenance, and quick delivery. Use a Panl-Flow silencer wherever you need to reduce airborne noise while allowing air movement:
- Air flow in and out of a noisy area or building
- Fan and blower intake or discharge
- Air Handling Plenums
- Equipment Enclosures
Click image to enlarge
HVAC Silencer Applications
- HVAC Ductwork
- Material Handling & Conveying Equipment
- Engine Intakes & Discharge
- Air Handlers
- Cooling Towers
- Building Vent Walls
- Acoustic Enclosures
- Genset Housings
- Compressor Enclosures
- Electric Motor Enclosures
- Dynamometer Test Cells
- and many others
HVAC Silencer Design & Construction
INC Panl-Flow silencers are of an absorptive design, manufactured in square and rectangular sizes with round transitions to match common ductwork and equipment dimensions. The length of the silencer combined with the volume and velocity of the air moving through it determines the insertion loss or sound attenuation characteristics of the unit. Our silencers are constructed of an exterior sealed shell with sound absorbing baffles or “bullets” running lengthwise through the silencer. Panl-Flow construction features:
- Rigid assembly with all exterior joints and seams lock-formed to be air and water-tight.
- Standard 26 gauge solid exterior with 22 gauge interior perforated interior bullets designed and sized for maximum performance.
- Heavy 18 gauge exterior casings available for low “break-out” noise.
- Solid rounded aerodynamic bullet ends for minimum pressure drop and smooth air flow.
- Absorptive fill is inert, and meets ASTM E-84 Class I fire rating.
- Custom designs available for a wide range of CFM, pressure drop and insertion loss requirements.
- Standard materials include G90 galvanized, electro-galvanized, aluminum and stainless steel.
HVAC Silencer - Accessories & Options
- Silencers can stacked in banks for large openings applications.
- All silencers can be fitted with mounting flanges, bird screens, and weather caps.
- Compatible elbows and other ducting transition shapes available.
- Cross-talk designs available.
HVAC Silencers & HVAC Duct Silencers Acoustical Test Data
The following is a sampling of acoustical characteristics of our standard silencer lengths. Certified test reports are available from an independent acoustical testing lab.
Standard Panl-Flow HVAC Silencers - Acoustical Data (Insertion Loss)
|Silencer Length / Style||CFM||SP Min||SP Max||Net Insertion Loss by Frequency (Hz)|
|Low Pressure Drop (LP)|
|Standard Pressure Drop (SP)|
Sorba-Glas Noise Absorbing Wall Blankets
Panl-Sorb Acoustical Metal Panels
Bafl-Sorb Sound Absorbing Ceiling Baffles
Fabri-Sorb Decorative Acoustical Panels
Portable Acoustic Panels
Noise Control Adhesives & Accessories
Questions? Your INC Sales Engineer is ready to provide answers, planning help, application tips — whatever you need! Call us at 1-800-954-1998, send Email, or fill out a Request For Quotation — whatever is easiest for you.
Contact Us about HVAC Silencers