Outdoor Noise Barriers
Pre-Fabricated • High Acoustical Rating • Weather Resistant • Easy Installation
Our Panl-Wall® Outdoor Noise Barrier (ONB) product line consists of pre-engineered, modular acoustical components... building blocks... that can be easily configured and assembled into enclosures, screens, partial enclosures and barriers to provide sound attenuation for all kinds of outdoor industrial, community and environmental noise problems.
Outdoor Noise Barriers (ONB) Applications
Our horizontal interlocking panel design creates a sleek, weather resistant assembly that combines high acoustical characteristics with robust structural stability to stand up to the elements. Available in either a high STC noise barrier only version, or our soft side noise barrier absorber combination, these 4” thick modules are easy to assemble into many varying configurations.
- Rooftop Equipment Screens
- Transportation / Highway Sound Barriers
- Outdoor Utility Enclosures
- Cooling Tower Enclosures
- Chiller Screens
- Generator Enclosures
- Airport Sound Barriers
- Loading Dock Screens
- Air Conditioner Enclosures
- Transformer Enclosures
- Substation Barriers
- Deep Well Pump Enclosures
- and many more
Outdoor Noise Barrier: Construction & Assembly
To satisfy most noise problem applications, we offer:
Construction Options for Nosie Barriers
- Standard panel modules available in 4" thickness.
- Panel modules available up to 12' wide.
- Standard panel Noise Transmission Loss Ratings to STC 52.
- Standard panel Noise Absorption Ratings to NRC 1.05.
- Panels and components constructed from electro-galvanized steel, G90 galvanized steel, cold rolled steel, aluminum and stainless steel for optimum weather, corrosion and abuse resistance.
ONB Assembly Options
- Modules of like type are fully interchangeable providing the greatest degree of design flexibility
- Basic standard panel assembly method utilizes our horizontal interlocking tongue-in-groove panel design providing a water-shed joint design. Modules stack up between support posts.
- Corners are built-up using our individual corner flashings and connectors.
- Design accommodates most required structure heights.
- ONB panels can be ground mounted upon footings, curbs, or pillars; or rooftop mounted.
Outdoor Noise Barrier Factory Finishes
INC can provide expert high quality factory finishes to any of our Panl-Wall ONB components and systems including:
- Chemical Cure and UV inhibited paint coatings
- Tnemec Endurashield® outdoor coatings
- Textured and Graffiti resistant finishes
ONB Structural Integrity
Panl-Wall and ONB components for use as outdoor structures subject to wind and snow loads, seismic applications. When installed with a properly designed support system and concrete footings, barriers can resist wind velocities to 100 MPH.
Outdoor Noise Barriers: Acoustical Test Data
The following is a sampling of acoustical characteristics of our standard available construction styles. Certified test reports are available from an independent accredited acoustical testing lab.
Standard Panl-Wall ONB Panel Modules - Acoustical Data
|Standard Module||Exterior||Interior||Thickness||STL, by Octave Band Frequency (Hz)||STC||NRC|
|ONB-4-18-S||18GA Solid||22GA Perf||4”||22||26||40||50||50||57||41||1.0|
|ONB-4-18-H||18GA Solid||18GA Solid||4”||28||43||55||63||63||69||52||N/A|
Other Noise Enclosure Systems:
Questions? Your INC Sales Engineer is ready to provide answers, planning help, application tips — whatever you need! Call us at 1-800-954-1998, send Email, or fill out a Request For Quotation — whatever is easiest for you.
Contact Us about Noise Barriers