Flexi-Sorb® Noise Control Curtains
Versatile • Flexible • Easy To Install • Durable • Good Noise Reduction • Economical
Our Flexi-Sorb noise control curtain product line consists of flexible, durable acoustical curtain panels with pre-engineered support track and framework components... flexible building blocks... that can be configured into a wide variety of full & partial enclosures, barriers and partitions used to control and reduce excessive noise in industrial, commercial, institutional environments. Flexi-Sorb is an excellent choice for applications requiring maximum accessibility, design flexibility, ease of installation and maintenance, low installed cost and quick delivery. An INC noise control curtain system is ideal to:
- Enclose or isolate noisy equipment or operations
- Enclose or isolate personnel, operators and technicians
- Separate noisy operations or areas
- Achieve 15 to 25 dBA noise reductions
Noise Control Curtains Applications
- Stamping Press Enclosures
- Soundproof Partitions
- Curtain Dividers
- Flexible Doorways
- Strip Curtains
- Fan Enclosures
- Compressor Enclosures
- Grinder / Compactor Noise Control
- Room Dividers
- Construction Site Generator
- Movable Barriers
- Plenum Barriers
- and many others
Noise Control Curtains: Styles & Options
An INC Flexi-Sorb noise control curtain system typically consists of one or more pre-fabricated flexible acoustical curtain panels suspended from our track to form a barrier or enclosure. The basic curtain panel is a limp-mass reinforced vinyl noise barrier with hanging grommets and joining accessories fabricated to size. This basic sound barrier panel can have a variety of sound absorber materials laminated to one or both sides to create a curtain composite with the desired acoustical characteristics. The materials used to fabricate the curtain panel is selected based upon the acoustical and mechanical requirements of the application.
Basic Noise Curtain Materials
- INC Flexible Noise Barriers available in 1/2, 3/4 and 1 LB density mass in 54" maximum widths.
- Barrier materials are polyester reinforced for superior strength and durability.
- Reinforced brass grommets are machine set into the top of each curtain for secure hanging.
- Barriers are impervious to water, oils and most solvents.
- Clear vinyl barriers also available.
- Clear vinyl strips available for pass-thru sections and doors.
Sorba-Glas® Quilted Fiberglass Wall Blanket
- INC Sorba-Glas quilted acoustical blanket can be factory laminated to one or both sides of any vinyl barrier curtain in either 1" or 2" thickness.
- Edges are factory bound and finished.
- Meets ASTM E-84 Class I fire rating.
- Facing is strong, durable, washable and especially suited for harsh conditions.
Noise Curtains - Panel Joining Methods
- Basic curtains are supplied with punched holes along the vertical edges and nylon threaded fasteners to join adjacent panels.
- Velcro® hook & loop fasteners are available factory sewn to the curtain edges.
- Adjacent curtain panels may also be configured to overlap without a mechanical fastener for maximum accessibility.
Click above image to enlarge
Noise Curtains: Track System
We offer a complete line of pre-engineered track and suspension components to allow you to configure your INC noise control curtain system into a variety of shapes such as enclosures and partitions.
- Heavy duty 12 gauge zinc coated roll formed track.
- Radius track sections for curved structures.
- Dual track arrangements for slide-by curtain designs.
- Heavy gauge track connectors, hangers, and mounts allow track configurations of any geometry.
- Floor or overhead support systems available.
- Two or four-wheeled ball bearing roller trolley assemblies available for sliding curtains.
- Economy friction slider hangers available.
Noise Control Curtain System Accessories
You can fully customize your INC Flexi-Sorb noise control curtain system with these available options:
- Clear vinyl viewing windows either factory installed or as field kits.
- Clear vinyl strip access doors and sections.
- Curtain roof sections & supports available.
- Hinged curtain access doors available.
- UV resistant materials for outdoor use.
Noise Control Curtains: Related Product Lines
Noise Control Curtains: Acoustical Test Data
The following is a sampling of acoustical characteristics of our most popular noise control curtain construction styles. Certified test reports are available from an independent acoustical testing lab.
Standard Flexi-Sorb Curtain Styles - Acoustical Data
|Curtain Panel Style||Barrier||Absorber||STL, by Octave Band Frequency (Hz)||STC||NRC|
|Curtain W5||1/2 LB Vinyl||N/A||12||13||16||21||27||32||21||N/A|
|Curtain W7||3/4 LB Vinyl||N/A||13||15||18||23||30||34||23||N/A|
|Curtain W1||1 LB
|Barrier / 1" Absorber|
|Curtain W115||1/2 LB Vinyl||1” Quilted||16||17||20||25||31||36||25||0.75|
|Curtain W117||3/4 LB Vinyl||1” Quilted||15||17||20||25||33||39||25||0.75|
|Curtain W111||1 LB
|Barrier / 2" Absorber|
|Curtain W215||1/2 LB Vinyl||2” Quilted||18||19||22||27||33||38||27||0.80|
|Curtain W217||3/4 LB Vinyl||2” Quilted||17||19||22||27||35||41||27||0.80|
|Curtain W211||1 LB
|1" Absorber / Barrier / 1" Absorber|
|Curtain W225PS||1/2 LB Vinyl||1” Quilted||18||19||22||27||33||38||27||0.75|
|Curtain W227PS||3/4 LB Vinyl||1” Quilted||17||19||22||27||35||41||27||0.75|
|Curtain W221PS||1 LB
Other Noise Enclosure Systems
Questions? Your INC Sales Engineer is ready to provide answers, planning help, application tips — whatever you need! Call us at 1-800-954-1998, send Email, or fill out a Request For Quotation — whatever is easiest for you.
Contact Us about Noise Control Curtains