Panl-Wall® Acoustic Panels
Pre-Engineered • Flexible Modular Design • Predictable Performance • Built To Last
Our Panl-Wall product line consists of pre-engineered, modular acoustical components... building blocks... that can be configured and assembled into a wide variety of structures used to control and reduce excessive noise in industrial, commercial, institutional and community environments. Panl-Wall is an excellent choice for these three most common approaches to noise control:
- Enclose or isolate noisy equipment or operations
- Enclose or isolate personnel, operators and technicians
- Create controlled test and measurement environments
Acoustic Panel Applications
Using the modular acoustical panel as the basic building block combined with our full range of components and accessories including acoustical doors and windows, removable access panels, ventilation and electrical systems, and all required joiners, trims, supports and hardware... the possibilities for noise control solutions are limited only by imagination and the laws of physics.
- Machine Sound Enclosures
- Quiet Rooms
- Sound Booths
- Control Rooms
- Soundproof Partitions
- Noise Barriers
- Factory Offices
- QC Rooms
- Pressurized HVAC Plenums
- Generator Enclosures
- Outdoor Noise Barriers
- Printing Press Enclosures
- Dynamometer Test Cells
- Factory Pre-Assembled Structures
- Product Testing Chambers
- Sound Walls
- Rooftop Equipment Screens
- and many more
Acoustic Panel Styles & Options
To provide solutions for the widest variety of applications, Panl-Wall features an array of related components providing high performance acoustical characteristics combined with rugged structural integrity and design flexibility. A range of basic panel constructions and joining methods are offered each providing a unique combination of acoustical and mechanical features to best meet your specific requirements.
Construction Options for Acoustical Panel
- Standard panel modules available in 2" and 4" thickness with custom construction to 8" thick.
- Panel modules available from 6" to 48" wide and up to 15' long.
- Standard panel Sound Transmission Loss Ratings from STC 35 to STC 52 .
- Standard panel Sound Absorption Ratings to NRC 1.05.
- Panels and components constructed from electro-galvanized steel, G90 galvanized steel, cold rolled steel, aluminum and stainless steel.
- Standard construction material gauges from 22 ga. to 14 ga.
- Heavy duty construction material gauges to 1/4" steel plate.
- Panel acoustical fill is 4LB density mineral wool. Optional materials and encapsulation available.
Easy Modular Panel Assembly
Assembly Options for Acoustical Panels
- Modules of like type are fully interchangeable providing the greatest degree of design flexibility
- Basic standard panel assembly method utilizes our square edge panel module and one-piece formed H-Channel joiner suitable for most general applications... very easy assembly.
- Roll formed tongue-and-groove panel design available for air and water tight pressurized plenum applications or where a sleek, flush joint appearance is important... very attractive.
- Horizontal interlocking tongue-in-groove panel design available for use as outdoor noise barriers, rooftop equipment screens and other structures requiring a water-shed joint design.
- Corners are built-up using our individual corner flashings and connectors or can be made using our one-piece formed corner panels.
- Several removable access panel options are available including T-Joints, two-piece bolt together joiners, and key or plug panels.
- Structures greater than 15' high are assembled by stacking multiple tiers of panel modules.
- Factory pre-assembled structures also available using Panl-Wall.
Panl-Wall Doors & Windows
Available Doors & Windows
- Hinged access and personnel doors in standard sizes from 2' x 7' single doors to 8' x 8' double doors. Full range of custom sizes available up to 10' wide x 12' high. Doors are available in acoustical ratings to match the panel module style or project requirements up to STC-52 and in all available construction materials.
- Single or bi-parting sliding doors available in similar sizes, automatic operators available.
- Many styles of single and double glazed windows using tempered, laminated, or wire reinforced glass; polycarbonate and impact / bullet resistant units to UL Level 3.
Performance Enhancements Available for Acoustical Panels
- RFI / EMI Shielding
- X-ray Shielding
- Ballistic Impact Resistance
Ventilation & Electrical Options
- Complete range of forced ventilation packages available that include ducted and non-ducted exhaust fans, silenced inlet panels and plenums, ducted and non-ducted air conditioning units, silencers and louvers to meet most ventilation requirements.
- Variety of electrical accessories are available including wall outlets and switches, several styles of lighting, load and distribution centers and exposed or concealed wiring packages.
INC can provide expert high quality factory finishes to any of our Panl-Wall components and systems including:
- Industrial duty air-dry enamel paint systems
- Catalyzed epoxy and chemical cure paint systems
- UV inhibited paint coatings
- Tnemec Endurashield® outdoor coatings
- Textured finishes
Panl-Wall components are designed to be structurally robust resulting in typically self-supporting structures that meet all normal use codes. For applications subject to increased load bearing capabilities such as outdoor structures subject to wind and snow loads, seismic applications, or for very large expanse or unusual structures INC can design and manufacture a completely integrated structural support system compatible with the project requirements.
Test Data for Acoustical Panels
The following is a sampling of acoustical characteristics of our standard available construction styles. Certified test reports are available from an independent accredited acoustical testing lab.
Standard Panl-Wall Construction Styles & Accessories - Acoustical Data
|Standard Module||Exterior||Interior||Thickness||STL, by Octave Band Frequency (Hz)||STC||NRC|
|PWL-2-18||18GA Solid||22GA Perf||2”||20||22||32||42||50||57||35||0.95|
|PWL-4-18||18GA Solid||22GA Perf||4”||22||26||40||50||50||57||41||1.00|
|PWL-4-16||16GA Solid||22GA Perf||4”||26||29||42||52||55||59||44||1.00|
|PWL-4-14||14GA Solid||22GA Perf||4”||26||30||42||51||55||59||44||1.00|
|PWL-4-18-H||18GA Solid||18GA Solid||4”||28||43||55||63||63||69||52||N/A|
|Viewing Window||1/4” Temp||1/4” Temp||4”||32||35||43||48||46||52||45||N/A|
|Standard Door||18GA Solid||18GA Solid||2”||20||27||32||36||40||38||35||N/A|
|Standard Door||14GA Solid||14GA Solid||2”||29||42||49||45||47||57||46||N/A|
|Standard Door||14GA Solid||14GA Solid||4”||28||43||55||63||63||69||52||N/A|
Other Noise Enclosures:
Questions? Your INC Sales Engineer is ready to provide answers, planning help, application tips — whatever you need! Call us at 1-800-954-1998, send Email, or fill out a Request For Quotation — whatever is easiest for you.
Contact Us about Acoustical Panels