Industrial Noise Control K-Foam (acoustical foam) is a 2 LB density open-celled flat urethane foam noise absorber material that is extremely lightweight, featuring great noise absorption performance with a self-extinguishing UL-94 fire rating. K-Foam is available either unfaced plain, or with one side faced in Aluminized Mylar®. Several thicknesses are available.
Acoustical Foam Features
- Extremely light weight
- Optional 1.5 mil Aluminized Mylar facing is impervious to water, dust, oils grease, airborne contaminants, most solvents and is cleanable
- Meets UL-94 HF-1,MVSS 302, ASTM D 1692-74
- 250°F maximum temperature range for plain foam
- 120°F maximum temperature range for faced foam
- Cuts easily with sharp utility knife
- Can be applied to most surfaces using foam adhesive, INC mounting-pin assemblies or mechanical fasteners (See INC Adhesives and Accessories for more details)
Acoustical Foam Applications
K-Foam is a great choice when a lightweight, high performance noise absorber is needed, particularly where high frequency sound absorption is required, and a UL-94 fire rating is sufficient. Ideally suited for lining machine surfaces, cabinets, guards, walls, enclosures, ducts, plenums, housings and sound traps. Do not use near open flame or sparks.
Acoustical Foam Performance and Roll Dimensions
Standard K-Foam Flat Acoustical Foams - Acoustical Data
|K-Foam Style||Thickness||Facing||NRC, by Octave Band Frequency (Hz)||NRC|
|Plain Unfaced Foams|
|Aluminized Mylar Faced Foams|
- All foams are sold in rolls 54" wide.
- Select "25" for 25' long half-roll (provides 112.50 ft2 of material).
- Select "50" for 50' long full roll (provides 225 ft2 of material).
- Select "100" for 100' full roll (provides 450 ft2 of material).
Other Noise Control Materials:
Questions? Your INC Sales Engineer is ready to provide answers, planning help, application tips — whatever you need! Call us at 1-800-954-1998, send Email, or fill out a Request For Quotation — whatever is easiest for you.
Contact Us about K-Foam