Acoustical Foam Absorbers and Mass-Loaded Flexible Barriers Combined
INC noise control composite materials achieve superior acoustical performance by combining two basic acoustical materials in a single product. An INC mass-loaded noise barrier is permanently laminated to one of our K-Foam sound absorbers to create a material that both blocks and absorbs noise.
Any INC flexible barrier may be used in a K-Foam barrier./absorber composite.
Naturally, all the great features of our INC K-Foams are also at work in the composite material – excellent acoustical performance with a UL-94 fire-rating, an optional Mylar® facing that is resistant water, oils, dust, dirt and airborne contaminants, as well as light to moderate mechanical abuse. These composites are remarkably flexible.
Any of the Industrial Noise Control flexible noise barrier materials can be used with any absorber to meet most application requirements.
K-Foam Product Features
- Flexible light weigh acoustical foam available with abrasion resistant Mylar facing impervious to water, dust, oils grease, and airborne contaminants
- Meets UL 94 fire rating
- K-Foam composite is permanently laminated to the barrier component
- Mass-Loaded vinyl barriers are available in a variety of weights, and in polyester-reinforced and non-reinforced versions
K-Foam Composite Applications
- Suitable for any situation where a flexible material that both dissipates and blocks noise is desired, and where a noise absorber component with an UL-94 fire rating is acceptable.
- For adding noise barrier/absorber properties to any sort of structure such as an equipment cabinet or guard.
- Wrapping pipes or light gauge metal ducts.
Acoustical Performance and Roll Dimensions
Selected K-Foam Composite Styles - Acoustical Data
|Composite Style||Barrier||Absorber||STL, by Octave Band Frequency (Hz)||STC||NRC|
|Barrier / 1/2 ” Absorber|
|K5-N/P-5-30||1/2 LB Vinyl||1/2” Foam||12||13||16||21||27||32||21||0.45|
|Barrier / 1” Absorber|
|K5-N/P-10-30||1/2 LB Vinyl||1” Foam||12||13||16||21||27||32||21||0.72|
See our INC K-Foam Composite Data Sheet for a complete list of all available combinations.
- All composites are sold in rolls 54" wide x 30" long (provides 135 ft2 of material).
- Select "N" for non-reinforced vinyl barrier.
- Select "P" for polyester reinforced vinyl barrier.
Questions? Your INC Sales Engineer is ready to provide answers, planning help, application tips — whatever you need! Call us at 1-800-954-1998, send Email, or fill out a Request For Quotation — whatever is easiest for you.
Contact Us about K-Foam Composites